THURSDAY 13TH MAY 2021
On Thursday 13th May 2021, Keller Williams Associates from around the world take a step back from their estate agency businesses to show their local communities love as part of RED Day – Renew, Energise and Donate – The Keller Williams family’s annual global day of service.
Making a difference in the lives of others is a core part of the Keller Williams culture and RED Day is an opportunity for the global Keller Williams family to serve our communities.
In 2021, KWUK’s Red Day goes green. 2021 is the 125th anniversary of the discovery of the link between greenhouse gases and climate change. 2021 is the year of COP26 in Glasgow. 2021 is the year of the G7 Climate Summit in Cornwall.
Climate change sometimes seems insurmountable. But we can all do something to help and make the communities we love greener and cleaner.
Plastic is terrible for the environment. According to Hansard, the UK uses an estimated five million tonnes of plastic every year (11.6 stone or 73.5 kgs per person), nearly half of which is packaging. According to National Geographic, 73% of all beach litter is plastic. Plastic is killing more than 1.1 million seabirds and animals every year. Today, the average person eats 70,000 microplastics each year.
To that end, we are going to focus on plastic and litter in the best way we can while observing lockdown rules. The Keller Williams family wants to create a plastic and waste-free RED Day, we will achieve this by cleaning up our local communities.
What RED Day means to us:
- Renew, reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Energise your family and friends to support you and consider green energy providers.
- Donate your time to clean your streets.
The criteria for a successful RED Day:
- Give the KW Family the opportunity to serve their communities spread positivity.
- Little to no costs.
- Staying safe while social distancing!
Watch KWUK’s RED Day Promotional Video
On Thursday 13th May we will do three things:
- Distribute plastic-free, clean street and recycling messages across social media, and for Market Centre and Associate email campaigns.
- Provide a print and digital door drop on RED Day explaining what Keller Williams UK is doing in 2021 and how households can help the environment, reduce plastic and keep our streets clean.
- A local litter pick covering every community that we serve.
We will supply Market Centre leadership with:
- RED Day t-shirts for each Market Centre leader.
- Resources to purchase litter picking equipment.
- An explanation of how to get rid of the litter through your local council.
- If you would like a t-shirt, please let your Market Centre know by close of business Tuesday 27th of April (tomorrow).